Friday, July 18, 2008

Mid-Summer Brain Dump



This summer has been really busy so far. Haven't been able to blog as much as I would like so I thought I'd do a brain dump today.

  • Last week Beth and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. It wasn't real romantic but we had fun. We just went to Atlanta for a night and spent half of the day at IKEA (pretty amazing) and the other half at the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coca-Cola. Maybe on a future anniversary we'll take a cruise or something but it wasn't possible to celebrate big this year with all of the other things going on this summer.
  • My son, Cliff, just left about 5 minutes ago to go audition for American Idol in Louisville, KY. Could he be the next American heartthrob? We'll see.
  • Books I read on vacation at Hilton Head: Playing for Pizza by John Grisham, Lost in Rooville by Ray Blackston, and Mr. Sebastian and the Negro Magician by Daniel Wallace.
  • Number of times Beth has teared up thinking about Bailey going off to college in August: too many to count.
  • Number of times I've teared up thinking about how much college will cost: too many to count.
  • Number of times we've had our boat in the lake: 1. (Isn't that pitiful?)
  • Last night we had a family send off for Cliff at Carabba's. We saw a couple at the restaurant that we knew from our previous church. I caught up with them for a few minutes then sat at our table. They spoke briefly when they left as we were still in the middle of our meal. A few minutes later, the waiter asked us if we would like dessert. Then he said, "Before you answer, you might want to know that the gentleman that was sitting over there has paid for your dinner." We were shocked. What a blessing! Thank God for wonderful, giving, Christian people. Isn't being a part of God's family neat?
  • Number of pages written in my latest novel: 135
  • Number of publishers who have rejected current novel that my agent is trying to sell: 2
  • Number of publishers yet to respond: a bunch
  • Number of publishers it takes to sell a novel: 1
  • Number of "no's" you get from publishers before you sell a book: a bunch
  • Amount of patience I have in this process: a lot but it's slowly decreasing
  • Number of resumes I've looked at in an attempt to replace Walt Tanner: scores. (Thanks Walt!)
  • Number of resumes I've looked at in an attempt to replace Hope Hall: in the 40's.
  • Number of resumes I've prepared for myself: don't know but I haven't written a resume since 1991. I've tried to let God lead me. So far so good. I love TNC and I don't plan on writing another resume for the rest of my life!!
  • Number of people bored with this brain dump: all 3 of this blog's readers.
I'm out.

No comments: