Thursday, May 03, 2007

Draining My Brain


I don't have anything in particular here to post but here's what has been on my mind lately:

1. Pray for John Redmond and his family. John is a TNC member who is in a tough battle against cancer.
2. Speaking of cancer, I've had my mom on my mind a lot lately. May 14 will be 5 years since she left for heaven.
3. I'm near completion of a novel. Maybe one day you'll see it in print. I'm writing the climax now and hope to have the first draft finished in a couple of weeks.
4. I can't believe it's already May!
5. My baby girl is going to her second prom Saturday night. (She went to the Lakeside HS prom last week.)
6. My son is preparing to be in the Mr. SC Bodybuilding competition. My wife and daughter don't want to attend because the contestants wear gross tight bikini shorts!
7. Psalm 37:4 keeps coming up everywhere. Steve used it last week. We talked about it in J Team. I posted about it at www.tncblog.com and I used it in a couple of recent counseling sessions. "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." To me, life is summed up in those words. Focus your life and ENJOY your life with Christ and he will place his desires in your heart and fulfill those desires.
8. Walt and Betsy left for an incredible trip to Turkey and Israel tonight. I'm going to miss that knucklehead for the next two weeks. (Walt, not Betsy.) See www.drpepperking2.blogspot.com
9. I'm starting to get excited about our mission trip to Guatemala in June!
10. TrueNorth Church is an awesome church! The staff, leaders, volunteers, etc. are a true blessing to us!
11. I'm finishing up Mark Batterson's book, "In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day." I've underlined a bunch of stuff. I'll post it on here soon.
12. I've been looking forward to watching the Dallas Mavs vs. Golden State tonight. It just started.
13. I hate my front yard. Does anyone here know anything about landscaping?

No comments: