Thursday, May 17, 2007

Done! (for now)

I finished my novel this morning. I started it about ten years ago working diligently for months on it. About a third of the way complete, I moved, changed jobs, churches, etc. In other words, life happened. The novel stayed hidden in my computer for years. Occasionally, I would pull it up, brush it off, and visit it. Only in the past year or so have I made serious strides in getting that story told. So, today, at about 7:42 AM, I wrote the last sentence.

Now, it's time to rewrite, edit, rewrite some more, edit some more, etc.

I'll be attending the Blue Ridge Mountains Writers Conference next week in Ridgecrest, NC. Hopefully, I can learn some more about the craft of writing fiction and talk to a few editors about the book. I attended this conference last year and it was awesome! Can't wait to reconnect with some of the people I met last year, learn more, and be inspired more. Last year, God spoke to me in a unique way on the last day. I blogged about it here. I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say to me this year!

For you TNC'ers out there, this coming Sunday is going to be HUGE! I can't wait to witness what God is going to do here. Pray for Steve as he prepares what will be one of the boldest visionary messages he has ever presented. Then we can cap off the day with FACEDOWN. God doesn't stop blessing his people when they are obediently and anxiously following him. Let's keep seeking him and we will continue to marvel at what he is doing!

No comments: