Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Bit the Bullet


Well, I finally bowed to the pressure and joined Facebook last Friday night. The truth is I really haven't been that interested but when I wanted to watch a video that a friend (McNair) put on his FB page I had to join. I'd been thinking about it anyway so it wasn't too hard to be pushed over the edge and take the leap. I was immediately deluged with friends after signing up. I guess it should be a good feeling to know you have that many friends, huh?

I can see how it can be addicting. I'm not sure how good I'll keep up with it. I have a hard enough time keeping posts fresh on this blog. (PS - I've tried to post several youtube videos lately and they are not showing up here. Does anyone know what the deal is with that?)

When it comes to trends, I've heard it said not to be the first one in or the last one out. So I guess I've officially become a part of one of the latest internet crazes. I will say (pat self on back now) that I started blogging before blogging was cool. Not many people were into it in 2004. I did it mainly to promote my book.

So, here's to peer-pressure and all things digital, Facebook here I come!

No comments: