Sunday, June 15, 2008

We Love NY!


Returned home today from a brief trip to New York City. Beth and I took Bailey for a few days as a high school graduation present. She wanted to see some Broadway Shows and shop for purses in Chinatown. More about that later...

The trip started and ended with cancelled flights. That's right. Our original flight with Delta was cancelled Wednesday morning so we had to fly with American Airlines later that day. 5 hours late arriving. Our flight home on Saturday afternoon was cancelled also - due to bad weather. So we had to stay an extra night and fly home Sunday morning. I've flown a good bit and had some problems before but I've never had cancelled flights on both ends of the journey.

Once we made it to NYC, it was a great experience. I've been through NYC many times but never stayed there for long. I was always on my way to another destination. This was the first time I've really spent much time there. And where else would a guy from Belvedere stay? The Belvedere Hotel, of course.

We did a lot of the touristy stuff:

The Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Center) which offers a classy view of the city.

Ground Zero - which is obviously quite humbling.

Staten Island Ferry (to see the Statue of Liberty for free)


The Metropolitan Museum of Art & Central Park


St. Patrick's Cathedral


We watched a Hare Krishna parade go by during our lunch in front of the Empire State Building on 5th Ave and we saw The Phantom of the Opera and Legally Blonde. It was a fun trip. It's late and I'm going to bed. I'll post more thoughts about NYC later. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

"Bodega" Bruce said...

You've got a great blog site. I'm adding it to my favorites.