Monday, June 09, 2008

The Cross & The Hitchhiker


TNC meets at North Augusta High School each week and as a result of our being a portable church, we have a lot of stuff that is stored in trucks and storage rooms all over town. Last Saturday, I promised Paul (our fearless leader who supervises setup/teardown for TNC-NA) that I would clean up the storage area while his crew set up. While sweeping, cleaning, disposing, and organizing things under the designated areas as labeled on the walls (e.g., sound, tech, band, guest services), I moved the cross that we've used in past services to the Miscellaneous spot. I couldn't help noticing what I had done so I prayed, "Lord, don't let this happen to us. Don't let us get so caught up in doing church and having 'cool' services that we forget the cross and put it in the miscellaneous pile of our lives."

I took a picture to serve as a reminder to me and you that we must keep the cross first and foremost in our lives and in our churches.

The Hitchhiker

We picked up a hitchhiker on the way to the Big Mo last Thursday night. We had Volunteer Appreciation night at the Big Mo Drive-In Movie Theater in Monetta, SC. I actually liked the VeggieTales movie better than the new Indiana Jones movie.


We stopped at Exit 18 on I-20 to get gas and a big green grasshopper landed on our windshield. We just knew that he would get blown off as we got up to speed but the rascal hung in there at an average speed of 73 mph until we got to Exit 33. He stayed with us 7 more miles to Monetta and got in the movies free.

The Big Mo is a great night out with friends and family. I definitely recommend it.

No comments: