Monday, February 14, 2011

Who Do You Influence?



In his book, Spiritual Leadership, J. Oswald Sanders tells the story of Dr. John Geddie who went to the South Pacific island of Aneityum as a missionary. He worked there for 24 years. On the tablet erected to his memory these words are inscribed:

When he landed, in 1848, there were no Christians.
When he left, in 1872, there were no heathen.

Leadership is essentially the power of one man to influence another. No man can fathom the difference one life can make. Before all is said and done here, we need to ask ourselves some questions: Who do I influence? Am I leading people to a closer relationship with God? Am I lifting Jesus up so that men will be drawn to him? At the end of my life, I want people to celebrate what God did through me.

How about you?

No comments: