Sunday, December 05, 2010

Sunday Night Brain Dump

I haven't had a brain dump on here in a long time. A brain dump is just stuff I've been pondering or doing lately.

  • I recently read a small book by George Orwell titled, Books v. Cigarettes. It's a collection of essays written in the '40's by the author of 1984. The most moving essay is called How the Poor Die which describes the pitiful conditions of a public hospital in France. The worst part is not that the poor, indigent patients weren't treated well medically, but that they died alone.
  • I haven't been posting as much on this site because most of my writing time has been devoted to writing material for a new website that I will unveil early in 2011. Stay tuned.
  • The last two weeks at TrueNorth Church may have been the best two Sundays in a long time. Last week, 41 people were baptized. Many different cultural backgrounds and socio-economic groups were represented. A taste of heaven? Today we had our Christmas communion service. Awesome!
  • In about 10 days, my baby girl will fly to India for a 2 week mission trip. It's one thing when I go halfway around the world. And it's another thing we my wife goes halfway around the world like she did last July. But it's a whole new thing when your baby daughter flies to Asia. Pray!
  • You need to check out Advent Conspiracy and Gifts of Water soon. Make room in your Christmas budget to spend money on others in need, not just you and your family.
  • Random question of the day: Why do sportscasters wear suits?
  • 95% of all trained Christian workers are in North America. Why?
  • Beth and I have watched the last 3 episodes of Sarah Palin's Alaska. That show probably drives Democrats and, especially PETA, crazy. Gotta love the beautiful scenery in Palin's home state though. I think I'll put "Go to Alaska" on my bucket list.

No comments: