Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Few Takes on Twitter

A couple of weeks ago, I admitted that I joined Twitter. I'm still not completely sure what I'm doing and why but I have determined that there are some things that I will try NOT to do. For example, I've noticed that some friends of mine in the ministry are using it to justify what they do all day. Be honest. A lot of people wonder what in the world ministers do all week. After all, we only work on Sunday mornings, right?

I will not post my daily schedule, meetings, appointments, and things to do list to indicate to my followers that I am busy. I don't feel the need to justify my position on a church staff. If you wonder what I do in a typical week. Come and see.

I will also try not to post meaningless drivel. While part of the twitter phenomenon is to be informed on the activities and thoughts of your friends, I really don't think people really care if I can't make up my mind between the grilled chicken salad or the #1 combo while I'm standing in line at Chick-Fil-A.

I will try to post thought-provoking notes, quotes, and quips, links to informative websites and articles, and update you on my latest projects in the works. (More on that later...)

If you want to follow me on Twitter, go to www.twitter.com/genejennings

I'll try to make it worth your while.

3 comments:

Julie said...

But Gene . . . we do care if it's a grilled chicken salad or #1 combo!!! Ha! :)

mike said...

they are both good. please lt me know which one you choose

Andy the Country Parson said...

Wait...let me read that again...Gene...you work on Sunday mornings??? Wow...didn't know that!