Monday, March 23, 2009

Chase Bank Bailed Me Out

The bank bailouts have made the news over the past few months. We, taxpayers, are quite upset that our tax dollars are being used to make up for the banks' poor judgement. Therefore, our nation's banks are taking a beating in the press lately. While I don't agree with the move to bailout the banks with our tax dollars, I am grateful that Chase bank bailed me out of trouble last week.

Seems someone used a forged credit card with my account number a couple of weeks ago and had a party in Florida and the Atlanta area. They racked up a pretty nice chunk of change on my account, all without us knowing about it. We received a call last week inquiring about our recent shopping spree. The fraud division of Chase bank noticed some inconsistent action on our Mastercard and wanted to verify if we had made the purchases. They were quick to act and negate the bogus transactions. They cancelled the card. Mailed us new cards within a few days and assigned us to a specific fraud investigator to help settle the sketchy transactions on our account.

I am really thankful for Andre, our fraud investigator, and the quick action Chase took regarding this. I might have had a heart attack if I had seen the transactions posted on my account when I received my statement in the mail. But the great response by Chase made it incredibly easy. I've had this Mastercard account for a long time. I'll probably keep it even longer now, knowing how Chase handled the identity thieves.

So chalk one up for Chase!

No comments: