Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday AM Brain Dump


Random trivia that keeps crossing my mind lately:

  • Michael Phelps must be grateful that Alex Rodriguez took steroids.
  • Obama's "change" hasn't impressed me. He can't even fill his cabinet because nominees have income tax issues or other moral and ethical slip-ups. Plus, I don't see a lot of new names in DC. It's the same people with different titles, Clinton, Daschle, Richardson, et. al.
  • Last week, a guy in Sweden set the Guinness world record for TV watching - 72 consecutive hours. The dude watched 3 seasons of 24. 72 hours? I know some teenagers that have watched TV that long during summer break.
  • I'm putting the finishing touches on a book titled Laughing With Sarah. It should be available for purchase this spring. More on that later...
  • Someone asked me last week how the empty nest was going. I said it has given me an empty wallet. Two kids in college. Nuff said about that...
  • Now that old people have invaded Facebook, I wonder where all of the young people are going to go? I suspect Facebook will phase out and another social networking site will become hot with teenagers soon. I know they don't like their moms and dads browsing around.
  • I've been reading through the Bible using a chronological Bible this year. It is compiled in the order in which it was written. I'm really enjoying it. Just a different approach to Bible reading.
  • TNC is continuing to expand its influence. Pray for the Decatur, IL campus as they start up on March 1.
  • We ate supper at Chili's last night before going to Element. I wish we had a Chili's in North Augusta. Check out this Facebook group.

No comments: