Sunday, October 12, 2008

Vacation Wrap Up

I try to take at least one week of vacation each year to spend primarily on writing projects. Last year, I posted a scoreboard of things accomplished during my week off in October so I thought I would do the same thing again this year.

Books read: Pontoon, The English Major, Churched, Wordpress for Dummies, & Generation Me

Books written: Updated and submitted a book proposal for Rescue Me. Wrote a few chapters for another one titled Following the Breadcrumbs.

Wrote and submitted a story for Writer's Digest monthly contest. It's fun to do and helps with creativity.

Spent quality time with my wonderful bride at Hilton Head Island.

Spent a fun day with my dad going down memory lane in my mom's hometown of Walhalla, SC.

Spent two afternoons writing at the Metro Coffeehouse on Broad Street. I love that place. Free wifi and good coffee.

Downloaded and learning how to use wordpress.org blog software.

Gave the house a good cleaning and finally straightened up our sunroom.

My novel was rejected by another publisher this week. "It's not the writing," they wrote. "It just doesn't fit the themes we are planning to publish this year." Oh well, rejection is part of the writing business. It's like dating. You have to kiss a lot of toads to find a prince. We'll find someone to publish it soon...I hope.

I think that's about it.

No comments: