Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My New Favorite Movie

We finally caught up with most of the moviegoers of America and saw "The Pursuit of Happyness" last night. I knew that I wanted to see it the first time I saw a preview for it months ago. But we don't make it to Movie Gallery often, much less theaters. Will Smith always does a good job so I knew this movie would be special. If you haven't seen it, go get it. It's based on the true story of Chris Gardner. If you want to know more about his story, here's a link to his website:

http://www.chrisgardnermedia.com/index.htm

It is an amazing story. I had a hard time going to sleep last night because I couldn't help wondering how many people were sleeping in subway bathrooms last night while I was in my warm, cozy bed.

For you TNC'ers, we're starting a new series of messages this Sunday called "The Pursuit of Happyness." It's based on Jesus' beatitudes found in Matthew 4. Invite your fish!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LAURA'S BLOG said...

Gene, Alan and I watched the movie last week. He kept having to leave the room because he couldn't handle it. It really breaks your heart to see people in such desperate situations.