Wednesday, March 21, 2007

In Sync With God

I read this in Oswald Chambers' My Utmost For His Highest yesterday. I've often thought and believed that one can be so in tune with God that many of our decisions and questions can be easily answered. I believe, like Chambers, that as you grow more spiritually mature, the easier it is to follow his will. However, I don't recall hearing it taught much. So it was interesting to me to see this:

To be so much in contact with God that you never need to ask Him to show you His will, is to be nearing the final stage of your discipline in the life of faith. When you are rightly related to God, it is a life of freedom and liberty and delight, you are God's will, and all your common-sense decisions are His will for you unless He checks. You decide things in perfect delightful friendship with God, knowing that if your decisions are wrong He will always check; when He checks, stop at once.

For the full article, go to www.myutmost.org. Go to the March 20 devotional.

No comments: