Friday, December 10, 2010

Praying for Your Kids. When It Comes to My Kids, I Only Pray for 3 Things.

At this time, my son is 23 and my daughter will be 21 next month. They are awesome kids! They have been a tremendous joy and a blessing to our lives. We’ve enjoyed them at every stage of life and it is exciting to see them grow up and mature as adults. I’ve been praying for my kids even before they were born. Like every praying parent, I prayed for a long, long list of things for them for many years.

Now, however, I only ask God to give them three things every day. First, I pray for their health. Second, I pray for their protection and safety. Third, I pray that they will be focused on their relationship with God.

I used to pray that they would choose the right influences in life. If they are focused on God, they will.

I used to pray that they would be wise when temptations came their way. If they are focused on God, they will.

I used to pray that they would be wise with their money. If they are focused on God, they will.

I used to pray that they would seek God's will daily. If they are focused on Him, they will.

I used to pray that they would influence those around them. If they are focused on God, they will.

I used to pray that they would grow to be strong disciples of Christ. If they are focused on Him, they will.

When you are focused on the right thing, right things happen.

Does that make sense?

Are you focused on your relationship with God?

No comments: