Friday, July 17, 2009

Out of the Dark (Again) and into the Whirlwind


I've spent a lot of time in the "dark" so far this summer. No or little internet or cellphone access has been kind of a nice relief. Beth, Bailey, and I left with 8 others from TNC for a week in Guatemala. We had a great mission trip last week. (I posted more details about the trip on www.tncblog.com.)

On Friday of last week, we visited Aqua Viva Children's Home. Pictured with us is Bailey's friend, Flor. They became buddies when Bailey spent a week at the home in March. It was a sweet reunion.

This week has been crazy busy. Lots going on. We arrived back in town late Saturday night. Sunday was a full day. (I haven't had my Sunday nap in 2 weeks!) Monday, the first day back in the TNC offices, was a big day of catch-up. Everyday this week has been full. Add to that a visit to the migrant camp Wednesday night. A late night phone call and visit regarding a crisis situation. Wedding rehearsal last night, funeral out of town today, and wedding tomorrow night. Whew!

But it's all good (minus the grieving situation, of course). God has been doing a neat work in the lives of our Guatemala mission team and He's cooking up something special for TNC this fall.

When I get a chance to sit down and take my time, I'll try to post something meaningful. Right now, I'm still trying to catch my breath!

No comments: