Saturday, May 02, 2009

Wife Swapping

My motorcycle is listed for sale in the IWANTA, the local classified ad paper. Here's a conversation I had this morning with a caller.

"Are you interested in trading your motorcycle or do you just want cash?" I was asked by the caller.
"I want the cash," I said.
"Well, I was just wondering," the caller said. "I've got a '96 Geo Tracker convertible I thought you might want to trade for."
"If it was a Jeep Wrangler, I might be interested," I said. "My wife doesn't like to ride my bike with me but she told me if I got a Jeep, she would go on trips with me in the Jeep."
The caller replied, "My wife wants me to sell the Geo because she wants to ride with me on a bike."
"Maybe we should trade wives," I told him (joking, of course!!).
The caller laughed. "She likes to fish too!" He added.
"Sounds like you need to keep her," I told him. "Thanks for calling."

The bike is still for sale.

1 comment:

mike said...

thats funny. i once put something in the iwanta and sold it right off and a guy calls months later about the item we talked for half an hour. crazy world