Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I wish I could speak in tongues...

Spanish, to be exact.

Our partner church from Guatemala has a team here this week. We developed a partnership with El Camino Church several years ago and have designed our missions ministry in a unique way. Most American churches send missions teams and money to other countries. While this is beneficial and, hopefully, a blessing to them, TNC has added a twist to what normal churches do.

Does this surprise you? TNC isn't "normal."

In addition to TNC sending teams to Guatemala to bless them, they come to South Carolina to bless us! This week, a team from El Camino Church is here ministering to Hispanics in North Augusta and Edgefield County. In the mornings, they are leading a Backyard Bible Club in a Hispanic neighborhood and in the evenings they are ministering in a local migrant camp. It's been a great blessing to have them!

Every time I travel south of the border (Guatemala, Costa Rica, or Mexico) my biggest regret is that I cannot speak Spanish! One day...one day, I want to be able to have some general conversational Spanish skills.

In the book of Acts, the Holy Spirit gave believers the ability to speak other known languages in a supernatural way. The lazy man in me wishes God would give me that ability supernaturally!!

No comments: