Sunday, May 04, 2008

Relay for Life


Relay for Life was last Friday night. We joined cancer survivor John Redmond and his team from TrueNorth. It was a lot of fun. I didn't know that I would see so many people that I know there. We were able to catch up with a lot of old friends and acquaintances.

The highlight of the night was the luminaria service when victims of cancer are remembered and survivors are honored. I was also moved during the survivors walk and the caregivers walk. Cancer is an awful disease. Having lost a mom from breast cancer, it really hits home with me. My dad and mother-in-law are survivors also. Unfortunately, cancer has become too commonplace today. Hopefully, events like Relay for Life will help us get to the bottom of this disease that disturbs so many lives.

(Thanks to Mike Adams for the pic.)

No comments: