Friday, March 14, 2008

New Digs, New Book, New Phone


I've been hanging out at the Metro coffeehouse in downtown Augusta a lot lately. Been doing some writing while sucking down their bottomless cups of coffee and taking advantage of free wi-fi. It's a comfortable place to hangout...a little smoky but not too bad during the mid-morning hours. They play good music here too. It allows me to get away from the distractions of home and office to concentrate on my writing. It's weird how you can shut the world out in a public place. Not sure why that is. So you might find me there on my day off (Friday). I really enjoy some of the hangouts on Broad Street. I hope it continues to build up and revitalize.

Speaking of writing, I've been concentrating lately on a new novel. Since I completed The God Robbers last year, I began crafting another story titled Slow. I'm only about 30 pages into it. Ask me about it sometime. I'm pretty excited about it. As for The God Robbers, it is currently being presenting to various publishers. Hopefully, someone will be interested in publishing it. Publishing a book is a dreadfully slow process. It requires a lot of patience. Still have a few other book projects that I'm working on but, for now, Slow is getting most of my attention.

Here's a pic of my new phone that I got for $7!

That's right - $7. It's a $200 phone. AT&T gave me $100 credit for some reason - promotional thing, I guess. Then the phone itself came with a $100 rebate. So I just had to pay the tax of $7. It's a PDA/cell phone combined. It's great for me since I was formerly relying on an old Visor Edge PDA and a cell phone. Now it's all in one. It's pretty amazing. I'm still learning how to use it.

In my last post, I mentioned the passing of our friend due to a car accident. We attended her funeral last Tuesday at Stevens Creek Church. It was well done and a blessing for all who were there. It was a celebration of a job well done by one of God's quiet, faithful servants. Although too brief, Cindy impacted thousands of people with her joy, wit, humility, talent, and steadfast faith in Christ. I wish that you could have known her. You don't appreciate the blessing some people are in your life until they're gone.

And I have to say - please be careful out there. We are so accustomed to strapping ourselves in our little metal rolling missiles everyday and flying around the country at 70 mph not realizing that we are one wrong move away from heaven. I'm ready to go to heaven and I'm not afraid to die but I' m enjoying the earthly blessings that God has given me. I want to be a blessing and enjoy his blessings more before I go! Be careful!

No comments: