Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dale Jr. tats, Holy Huddles, et. al.


Here are a few things that have been on my mind lately...in no particular order:


1. I'm glad I didn't get a Dale Earnhardt Jr #8 tattooed on my body since it was recently announced that Dale Jr. would be changing numbers next year. You know there are some Dale Jr. fans out there with a #8 tat on them. They're probably wondering what to do now.


2. At TNC, we've been putting new Journey Teams together in preparation for the Fall. Journey Teams (or J Teams) are small groups that meet weekly for prayer, fellowship, Bible study, and ministry. One common concern is that we don't want our groups to become "holy huddles." But I've been thinking about that and wonder if maybe our J Teams ought to be holy huddles. Just like a football team huddles up before they go into action, J Teams should huddle up weekly to prepare for action in the world. Small groups become ineffective and stagnant when they never break out of their huddle. As long as J Team members are making an impact on their world and influencing others for Christ, huddle up!


3. If you attended TNC today, you saw the SHAPE promo video. Our own Matt McMeans created that claymation video. It was pretty impressive!


4. Are the North Augusta Yellow Jackets back? I've been anxious for football season to get started and couldn't wait for the first game of the year between our alma mater and hometown team versus rival Strom Thurmond High. (That's right, for my friends who are not from here, we have a local high school named after our beloved Senator.) Anyhow, STHS was a 17 point favorite and scored that many in the first half. But NA scored 27 unanswered points in a sloppy, wet, but fun and exciting game. We need a good season for a change. Maybe we'll get one this year. So far, so good.


5. I announced here in late May that I completed a novel. I am currently revising it and will soon get a few copies made at Kinko's for friends to read. I'd like to get some feedback before I pursue a publisher. If you are a fiction reader and would like to take a look at it and you can BE HONEST with me, I'd love for you to give me your critique. Let me know.


6. My dog, Deacon, is whining. He wants to play ball. Later....

2 comments:

LAURA'S BLOG said...

A whining dog named DEACON? That's a good one!

SirTlew said...

Nice picture!Are you watching the game or the chains?I hope NA will win this year.Keep up the fun thoughts,send that novel FedEX, to Evans GA. for a honest review.