Monday, February 12, 2007

You Can't Take It With You


One of my favorite movies of all time is the Christmas classic, "It's A Wonderful Life" directed by Frank Capra and starring Jimmy Stewart. Several years ago, my friend and fellow blogger Andy (andyfbcdenmark.blogspot.com) told me about Capra and Stewart's first movie together called "You Can't Take It With You." I looked for it in our local video store to no avail. I thought about buying it online but it was pretty expensive so I never saw it. Until Saturday. It is currently running for free on Comcast On Demand.

If you have never seen it, you're missing a treat. Though it is nearly 70 years old (It came out in 1938) it still has an eternal message. Life is not about money, power, and possessions. Life is about relationships. It is a very entertaining and funny movie. I recommend that you skip watching CSI, CSI:Miami, CSI:NYC, CSI:Las Vegas, CSI:Peoria and American Idol one night and watch a classic. You won't regret it.

4 comments:

WhattheJill said...

They have a CSI: Peoria???? Wow! I was wondering when they were going to shoot one there!

Gene said...

They thought about creating CSI:Salt Lake too but figured that the Mormons wouldn't take to it well.

lj said...

OK let's do CSI TrueNorth.

Joo Joo said...

i did part of "can't take it with you" for a project in drama class at furman in 1976. i think i was great! jlou