Thursday, October 19, 2006

A thought from Oz

I love Oswald Chambers.  In fact, his devotional website is my home page, i.e., www.myutmost.org.  I try to read it each day before I dive into the computer.

Here’s a quote from today’s thought.  I edited it and took out some of the old English.  Oz wrote this book about 100 years ago so it is difficult to read sometimes.

The great enemy to the Lord Jesus Christ in the present day is the conception of practical work that has not come from the New Testament, but from the systems of the world in which endless energy and activities are insisted upon, but no private life with God. The emphasis is put on the wrong thing.  In the life of Jesus, there was none of the press and rush of tremendous activity that we regard so highly, and the disciple is to be as His Master. The central thing about the kingdom of Jesus Christ is a personal relationship to Himself, not public usefulness to men.  (Taken from My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers)

 

No comments: