Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Big Wow!

Last Sunday was huge!  TrueNorth Church had its first service in the North Augusta High School gym with a near record crowd.  I've told many people how TNC is a dream come true for me.  Back in the 80's I used to dream about having church in NA featuring contemporary Christian music in a casual, relaxed atmosphere with relevant, passionate Bible teaching that would reach across all socio-economic groups.  In my mind, the only place I knew of in NA that could hold a crowd like I had imagined was the NAHS gymnasium.  On Sunday morning, that dream came true. 
 
I thought that Stevens Creek Church was as close as I would ever get to seeing that dream become a reality in the CSRA.  As I posted a few weeks ago, the adventure at SCC was awesome and I thank God for that experience.  But Sunday morning was almost too much.  I can't tell you how many times I have envisioned in my mind what actually took place at TNC on September 10, 2006.  It was a surreal experience for me. 
 
I praise God for Steve Davis and the core leaders who started this ministry just over 2 years ago.  It is incredible to see what God is doing.  As my former pastor and boss used to say, "The best is yet to come!"  I truly believe that and I can't wait to see what God is going to continue to do at TNC.

No comments: