Thursday, March 17, 2005

Odd Church Names II

Okay, I confess.  I wasted about 60 minutes of my life on this.  I'm picking on my Southern Baptist friends only because they have a handy church directory at their website.
 
(South Carolina - see first edition of Odd Church Names for more SC churches)
Republican Baptist
 
(North Carolina)
Friendly Arab Baptist
The Front Porch Baptist
Vision Baptist (as opposed to Blind Baptist?)
Fancy Gap Baptist
Flippin Memorial (Napoleon Dynamite's church?)
Tow String Baptist
Bonnie Doone Baptist
The Living Fish Community
 
(Alabama)
Cusseta Baptist (Think about it)
Eclectic Baptist
Excel Baptist
Five Points Baptist (I guess they're Calvinist?)
Union # 3 Baptist (A church that split from Union # 1 and Union # 2?)
Gallant Baptist
Hatchechubbee Baptist (Say it slow, then you'll laugh)
Reform First Baptist
Warrior First Baptist
 
(Georgia)
Alto Baptist (No sopranos please)
In Time Baptist
Dewy Rose
Dixie Baptist (No Yankees please)
Dupont Baptist (Corporate sponsors are taking over everything.)
Gay First Baptist
Ideal Baptist
Mystic Baptist
Rocky Face Baptist
 
What were some of those committees thinking?
 

1 comment:

Gene said...

A friend informed me of Dinosaur Baptist Church in Dinosaur, Colorado and Imitate the Image Baptist Church in Wyoming. GJ